The After School Program integrates learning with fun. Our instructors are highly qualified teachers in specific subject areas; they utilize a proven effective curriculum to increase achievement for all our students. We strive to create lessons that are targeted and data-based. The teachers track student success by reviewing school work and scores.
Our team at Ivy Bridge Institute is ready to help you prepare for your Chinese experience by offering Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Mandarin courses before departing to China. Our curriculum includes pronunciation, speaking, listening, reading and writing.
At Ivy Bridge Institute, we help students prepare for the official Chinese proficiency test for non-native Chinese students. The Chinese proficiency examination, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK), tests reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Our excellent teachers and coaches are ready to set you up for success through our preparation courses.
For those interested in Chinese culture and for people who want short-term Chinese language learning, we are now offering these new and exciting courses: Chinese Chinese and Chinese Characters for Beginners. In addition, in order to let children get a head start on Mandarin language learning, we are offering a new after school class called Mandarin for Kids.
The table below lists our programs, textbooks, objectives and class information:
The Test Preparation program specializes in assisting students with developing strategies and techniques for cracking standardized tests. Students will focus on reading comprehension, building vocabulary, process of elimination and structuring the perfect essay. On the first day, practice tests will be administered to the student in order to determine his/her own weaknesses and figure out an effective study plan. In addition to content review, test-taking strategies will be introduced that will assist the student in avoiding traps and manage his/her time in order to maximize the number of points available.
We provide support for the following examinations:
- AP Exam
- SAT II Subject Test
- Small Group Instruction
- Expert Test Prep Instructors
- Personalized Course Action Plans
- Interactive Workshops
- Intensive Vocabulary Builder
- Full Length Practice Test
Every student has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning specific topics. Some have issues with math or science or language skills. A tutor can help your student through one on one teaching and help he or she learn more difficult concepts of a course. Expect that your student’s time working with a tutor will be an active experience.
Our experienced tutors customize how they tutor students in subjects to adjust to the individuals learning style. We offer subject tutoring in many areas:
* Math (K – 12th grade) + AP Math courses
* English (K – 12th grade) + AP English courses
* Science (K – 12th grade)
* History (K – 12th grade)
* Language (French, Spanish, Chinese, Armenian, Farsi)
* Religion Courses
- Ivy Bridge Institute provides tutoring using customized curriculum and programs.
- Our tutors/teachers interact with and motivate students during the instruction hour.
- Students are evaluated and the tutors document student progress.
- Tutors/ Teacher communicate students’ needs to the parents when necessary (for grades 6 to 12).
- We motivate students to complete assignments and develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment.
- Be supportive, encouraging, and energetic and provide tutoring year-round.
- Possess excellent student management skills.